Image I/O conformance
DeCaMino provides an Image I/O reader and an Image I/O writer for format
The Image I/O specification makes provision for features that plugins may or may not support. Here are the supported and not supported features as of DeCaMino 2.0:
- Localisation: only english is supported.
- Supported stream meta data: Dicom meta data (native) and standard meta data.
- Image meta data are not used.
- Image reader can read rasters. The DICOM "stored values" are returned without applying any modality LUT or grayscale transforms.
- Image reader can read sequences (multi-frame DICOM objects).
- Image writer can write rasters.
- Image writer can write sequences (multi-frame DICOM objects).
- Image writer can insert images.
- Image writer can remove images.
- Image writer cannot replace stream meta data.
- Image writer cannot replace pixels.
- Image writer cannot write empty images.
- Warning listeners are notified, progress listeners are notified of the start and the end of each image.
A subclass of
ImageReadParam is provided:
DicomReadParam. Region selection, band selection, destination setting and subsampling are honored. Setting progressive pass is possible if the transfer syntax is JPEG2000 and the image were encoded using multiple layers. In addition to these standard settings,
DicomReadParam adds some DICOM-specific controls like the option to bypass the applications of modality and VOI LUT.
A subclass of
ImageWriteParam is provided:
DicomWriteParam. Region selection, band selection, subsampling and compression settings (compression mode and quality) are honored. Available compression types are the transfer syntaxes for which DeCaMino can encode pixel data. Compression quality is meaningful for transfer syntaxes JPEG 2000, JPEG-LS, JPEG Baseline and JPEG Extended. In addition to these standard settings,
DicomWriteParam adds controls specific to some transfer syntaxes.